Monday, October 06, 2008

Harmony Like You Wouldn't Believe!


Beyond cool. Utterly amazing. So damn good. I couldn't believe how perfect the Fleet Foxes show was at the Black Cat this Friday. I knew it'd be good, but I didn't think it would be that good. It was almost effortless. Fleet Foxes did not disappoint.
The crowd was pretty decent considering it was a sold out show. Everyone behaves when it's mellow music, I guess. It was a bit too pretty, a different kind of rocking out, if you will. For anyone that hasn't heard of Fleet Foxes, refer back to the harmony found in the Beach Boys, add the folk of Dylan and Simon and Garfunkle and cross that with the folk rock of Crosby, Stills and Nash. Those are just some of the gang's influence, as it's what their parents were into back in the day. What's up with Seattle being a kick ass town for bands, anyway?
In other news, Oktoberfest ended up being fun on Sat. The weather was beautiful, the Arlingtonians came out in full force and we overpaid for 6 oz samples of pretty decent beer. Thanks to the college boys for meeting up for a few pints during and after...I'm happy to say I endured the drunkfest up until last call. Guess I just need my college friends to ensure I make it to the finish line.
And up for tonight, Nick Cave!!! After a late night drunk and excited "Oh my God, Nick Cave isn't human!" text from O, I am very excited to go to tonight's show. Other Beattie sightings could be The Wedding Present and The Jealous Girlfriends at the Cat on Sat, and the Heartless Bastards at the Cat a week from today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter