Thursday, October 30, 2008

Score!


After failing to purchase tickets via the devil's right hand, known to the general public as Ticketmaster, my concert bff and I thought we were sol this year and would miss out on Kings of Leon. After stalking Craig's list and eBay for a good month I found someone selling sweet seats at DC's worst music venue. For the list ticket price. What?!?! It was worth the hour drive out to the boonies to pick up the ticket. This is said a good week before the show. If we get to DAR and find out the tickets are fake, I'm going back out to the boonies and causing a ruckus. And with that said, I'm officially planning the Beattie birthday bash and extending it a few days so this show is a part of it.
I haven't given props where they're due, and here's a Cliff's notes version.
Mother Mother - Despite having possibly the most ridiculous hangover I have had in YEARS (I hate you bourbon...but I really do love you) it was a fantastic show. I love DC9 and to see a pretty unique band there was awesome and worth my getting out of bed and taking a shower. The opening bands were interesting too. KI Theory (out of Richmond) was quite interesting to watch. Those boys were way into their music...
Side note - what's up with kids (more like 20 and on up) wearing big ass backpacks coming to shows and then half way in, dancing like they're at a rave? They're missing everything but the glow sticks...do they realize it's not a rave, not the type of music, etc. Don't spill my beer while you flail your arms or there will be hell to pay! I've seen it twice now...at Mother Mother and at Pinback. You have a 30 year old drunk raver flailing right next to a mob of frat boys jumping. Niiiiice.
Cold War Kids - Not sure if I talked about this. I've seen them 3 times now and am damn happy after each show.
The Rosebuds - I saw them at the Cat last week and while I was happy to see them headlining, I was a little ticked they only played for an hour. And told all of us that they were done after the next two songs and would not do an encore. Huh? Really? Well, thanks for the heads up...
* Upcoming - Deer Hunter at the Black Cat, 11/4 (otherwise known as pre-Beattie birthday)
* Possibly the Mountain Goats at the 9:30, 11/6 (on said birthday...plans may change. I may be in a gutter after drinking bourbon all day...)
* The Sea & Cake - Black Cat, 11/8
* Stellastar - R&R, 11/9
* Kings of Leon (woohoo!) - DAR, (boo!) 11/10
* People and Planes (woohoo!) and the Toadies...at 9:30, 11/11
* Sounds of Kaleidoscope - Velvet Lounge, 11/12
* Calexico - 9:30, 11/13
It's going to be a busy November...!

1 Comments:

Blogger David Kelor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter